Go Ahead Intermediate
Go Ahead Intermediate
‘Go Ahead Intermediate’ is one of the three-level coursebook series in which the main emphasis is on teaching realistic, functional English through simple but effective presentation and a variety of short consolidation exercises – plus through work on language skills and vocabulary development.
C.E.F A2+ & B1
For the Student:
- a Coursebook
- an Activity Book
For the Teacher:
- a Teacher’s Book containing teaching notes, guidance on classroom procedures, answers to the exercises, extra activities, and photocopiable material for extra practice.
- a Teacher’s Guide giving suggestions for exploiting the Coursebook material and ideas for further activities, together with Photocopiable Material and Listening Tapescripts.
- An Activity Book with Answers in full color, with answers shown in place.
- Digital Material is containing recordings of all dialogues, reading passages, plus the Listening exercises and the Language Spot pronunciation drills.
- Interactive Whiteboard Software material for the classroom environment
- a Test Booklet with tests on each block of four units. There are three separate, parallel versions of each test, allowing the teacher to give pupils sitting next to each other different tests if desired.
- Each standard unit consists of four double pages. Each double-page spread begins with either dialogue or a reading passage (Listen and Read). Note that all these are recorded on the digital. Every fourth unit is a shorter revision unit.
- The Listen and Read dialogue or reading passage are followed by a Comprehension Check and (in Levels 2 and 3) a Vocabulary Check.
- The second page of the double-page spread then begins with either a grammar box and related Practice exercises, followed by skills work (Speaking, Listening, Writing), or -if there is no new grammar – with Practice exercises leading directly into skills work.
- Language Spot sections focus on common mistakes, highlight usage and other useful language points, and practice pronunciation and intonation.
- Every third unit is a ‘functional unit’ consisting of two double-page spreads: Functional English and Use of English.