Get That Word 1
‘Get That Word 1’ is one of the series of three reading comprehension books with a variety of exercises.
As of Unit Format, each unit consists of a dialogue or reading passage followed by comprehension work and exercises. The exercises have the following aims:
- to help students understand how a written or spoken text is organized
- to give practice in recognizing and using ‘text organization’ words like this, that, it, also and anyway
- to practice ‘grammar words’ such as all, not, back, other and another
- to teach conjunctions and other ways of combining clauses and sentences
- to teach students the ways in which extra information can be added to a sentence using commas, brackets, and dashes
- to teach punctuation
- to teach summary writing.
There are also exercises for oral practice and model dialogues in which students practice important features of informal spoken English.
Get That Word is a series of three reading comprehension books at Beginner, Elementary, and Pre-Intermediate levels. The books follow the syllabus of Exploring English Series but can also be used independently. Learn more…